Scallops with charred pineapple salsa
by Allison Pongrace
- Pogo's Peppers Jalapeno Lime Sauce
- olive oil
- yellow pepper
1. Heat non-stick pan on high heat with olive oil and butter - while coming to temp, pat scallops dry
2. When pan is hot, place scallops down and sear for 1-2 depending on size. DON'T TOUCH THEM, let them do their thing. Flip and repeat on other side.
1. Heat sauce pan on low heat
2. Char pineapple on grill or cast iron pan
3. To sauce pan, add rough chopped peppers, tomato, onion and cilantro. Once pineapple has charred, add to sauce pan as well. Don't forget salt and pepper!
4. Using immersion blender, pulse until desired consistency. let simmer on low while scallops cook
Garnish with fresh cilantro, and a HEALTHY amount of Pogo's Jalapeno Lime. Enjoy!